Tuesday, November 07, 2006

In reflection of the recent scandals in the religious arena, I am amazed at the direction that the protestant evangelical movement has taken during my 50 some years of living in this country. I was brought up in a "right wing evangelical protestant" home. During recent years I have not been involved in that or any area of organized religion. I was disillusioned for similar reasons rooted in hypocritical attitudes of most churches that I sought out to worship in. I will not condemn all churches but I will say that all the ones I tried to get involved with had issues that lead me towards a very confused state as to why I was even there. As stated above I have not been in attendance in any church over the past 15 years or so. As it turns out I am thankful that I haven't. It appears to me that a bigger evil than I could see has take over this movement. The powerful leaders that large crowds look to for real teaching of the "Gospel" are corrupt and full of sin of the worst kind. They have turned to the worlds pleasures and can't even admit it. How has these teachers come so far in these evangelical religious organizations? Does not one that is "called" to teach the truth also should live the truth to be able to know the truth that he or she is teaching? Even more so, should he or she not be a hypocrite of what they teach to be an abomination to God (homosexuality) and then practice this life style behind the backs of those that they teach? And what is the definition of a true confession? Does it include statements like, "not all the allegations were true" and then not discuss it any further. This powerful leader owes this country a full and complete confession and explanation as to what kept these "sins" behind closed doors until someone else exposed them. A complete confession goes into all the details. No sympathy is appropriate for his actions. He did not just "slip" and buy a package of meth. No leader of that kind could get a massage from a homosexual man and like it if he were not homosexual himself. This is not just a private church matter in Colorado. His influence and message was spoken all over the world. I live in Ohio and it has profound spiritual affects on me.

The leaders of this movement should totally tear down what they have built in the past one hundred years and start all over. I believe that these religious organizations have taught a deep rooted evil heresy for longer that I've been alive and it keeps getting worse.

They have injected their teachings with running a business and making money. They have injected themselves with politics. They inject the pleasures of this world ( riches, power, popularity ) into there teaching and life styles. For some have spoke out against the government though the teachings of God and were brought down.

And then I wonder how prevalent is this problem with Christendom? An old saying states, "When you see one cockroach run across the floor, you know there are thousands behind the wall hiding".

Foot note: Just today a mega church in my home town in Ohio has announced that they are dismissing their senior Pastor for improper sexual conduct. Well, read the writing on the wall.

2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home